I suggest you ...

Be able to alter the story URL after changing the story title

When I first created the story I called it "geoloqi test". This set the URL to "geoloqi-test". When I changed the story title, the URL didn't update and I found no way of editing it.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aaronpkaaronpk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Burt HermanAdminBurt Herman (Co-founder, Storify) responded  · 

We have now enabled this feature! You will see a Settings menu at the top of your published story, and the option to edit the URL there. Keep in mind that if you change the URL, the story embed codes on other sites will also need to be updated where stories are embedded or they won’t appear.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adrian J. EbsaryAdrian J. Ebsary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly hoping this get's implemented - otherwise, perhaps consider adding a warning at the start of the Storify creation process that states, "Consider your title carefully - the link cannot be changed later!"

I'm halfway through quite a lengthy storify and now I'm considering just starting it again and transferring all my work.

• Jerry VermanenJerry Vermanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Had my Storify named ... TEST. Now I'm stuck with this URL. Seems a bit sketchy when I want to post this on a website.

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base